Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

17 Nov 2012

Designer/makers -spitafields market, london

Here are a few sneaky snaps at my first market stall in about a year. I love and miss the buzz of a good old market ( not the prep or early mornings mind you) and I love designer/makers. The owner Sophie is so lovely and has supported emilythepemily from my humble beginnings. It been great to watch her endeavours grow to such a huge scale.

I set up in record time and finally caught up with some twitter pals that i had never spoken out loud to before...notably @HelloDoDo from good 'ol Brighton who screen prints papery- bagish treats. i also had a great chin wag with some new customers and old school friends who I've dearly missed.

I had a great time testing the market with my new Xmas cards, cushions, prints and sweaters- they are currently only sold at my markets at the mo. Some things were more successful than others but I suppose that is what it's all about. And it's great to see people's reactions face to face. As I have always said.. I have the nicest customers who are always positive and forth coming with their compliments-- awe shucks.

I shall be at spitafields again on the 15th Dec with Designer/makers so come down if you can make it and grab some last minute Xmas bargains and exclusive emilythepemily stock 10 days before Christmas... Argh

In other news... I am working on a new website and with that comes a brand new stock list in london, hopefully some exciting press coverage, some very odd photo shoots, more markets and other extra special events in the pipeline. I can't believe that I've only been at school for creative start ups for 2 months, yet I'm learning so much about the ways of the business world exciting things are already filtering through.

But for now, I've had a busy day so it's over and out from me. Ive zobbed out in front of the tv and cant keep my eyes open Zzzzzzzzx

Remember though, my shop is open 24 hours on interweb land www.etsy.com/shop/emilythepemily and my new website shall be open very soon- currently 'avin words with bloody GoDaddy. The bloody buggerating bastards.

Over and out! Night

X
Post a Comment