Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

3 Jun 2012

My Diamond Jubilee

 Whilst many of my friends and most of Britain were along the Thames or at the vintage Battersea gig- which I knew nothing about (I'm now officially out of the London loop)  in the pouring rain I was graciously accompanied by the hubster to 'The Great Vintage Tea Party' in stockport, Manchester... my soon to be home.

We got up at what felt like the crack of dawn (on a weekend don't forget)   and drove 2 miles down the road to the Victorian markets in Old Stockport. the building was superb and I felt very Jubilacious. The quaint little town had cobbled street and a massive vintage scene, 2nd hand furniture shops, vintage fashions emporiums and very traditional green grocers. It felt like I'd stepped into the 50's ( more on old Stockport later)

I had my new hand printed, hand made cushions, purses and framed prints ready for the diamond Punters, as well as my usual t-shirts, sweaters and bags.
Alongside me were tea n cake stalls, jewelry stalls, craft, photography and vintage fashion stalls and I must say it all looked very patriotic.


 My new cushions, purses and framed prints available soon. let me know If you'd like anything reserved before I put it online.





 As you can see It was a bit of a wash out in the end. I think people just didn't want to leave their snuggly Sunday telly and tea. On the bright side, this allowed me to explore the area and it was marvelous.





Below are some more of my new framed prints. From A6-A4 in various colours and print designs. please contact me if you're interested info@emilythepemily.co.uk

£10

£15


purses from £7 Cushions from £15

£15

Purses from £7
 And the... the bit I was really excited about ... the Dog show. An array of dogs turned up at 2pm all dressed in their best, hoping to win first prize in the Dog show held- unfortunately for me - at the other end of the building. This pug was especially cool.







But Jasper was the over all winner- dressed in a hand made guardsman outfit. Amazeballs





That was my first Manchester based stall and it was great fun. The other stall holders where mega friendly and the public are just great! I'd love to do more, so if you know of any permanent Manchester markets...drop me a line info@emilythepemily.co.uk
Post a Comment