Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

24 Jan 2012

So many things have changed


I have been off the scene for a while as stuff in my personal life has slightly eclipsed everything.

I decided to leave my job, leave Brighton and move to Manchester. Its cheap enough to realise a few dreams, creative enough to sustain my business dreams and a fresh new start for me and the husballs.

I haven't been here too long and i'm still trying to find my feet  . We don't know anyone (except my parents who haven't lived here long either) and we dont really know anything about it. Like the quirky districts, creative haunts and independent shops. obviously we're had a browse around the Northern Quarter... but that it really.

I'm really hoping to find a monthly designer/maker market like the plethora in and around Brighton/London to sell my wears and interact with other creative people.
I need a drop in Screen printing studio to expose my screens a experiment with other methods of printing.
and I desperately want to do a dress making course.

This is where you lot come in. If anyone can help then I'd really appreciate a comment or an email to guide me through the streets of Manchester.   xx

Anyway, back to emilythepemily. I have just finished my Tax return for 2010-2011. (arrgghh it was hell. Apart from leaving it until January (deadline Jan 31st) realising I needed an activation code, Moving house and worrying any activation code I ordered was being sent to Brighton, ordering more. 5 turn up to Manchester. entering the wrong code, de-enrolling from self assessment, re-enrolling for self assessment, ordering more activation codes and waiting for an eternity. I finally submitted my return. Never again will I do it on-line. its just so much easier to send a paper one I'm sure!)

A few truths where revealed about costs, stock and pricing whilst filling in the said return. I won't go into anymore detail but I have realised that I can no longer afford to have Free P&P in the UK. a decision I was reluctant to administer .

I would also like to move emilythepemily forward. In order to do that I need to have a massive sale. yay !! I hear you cry.


was £20.00 Now £10.00
Was £20 Now £10

was £20 Now £10

Was £20 Now £10

Was £20 Now £10

XL size Now £10
Was £20 Now £10
Was £20 Now £10
Was £20 now £10


And thats just the Womens T-shirts. there are loads of Mens T-shirts, Babygrows, Tote Bags in the sale! From £5

#amazeballs

P.s once they are gone, they're gone

x

Post a Comment