Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

16 Sep 2011


Ive been away for a while. I left Brighton to go to my parents in the deepest. darkest depths of North wales (no phone, internet...nothing) I did loads of thinking, talking, having fun with my nephews and niece, brothers, brother in law, sister and parents and a few aunts, uncles and cousins. We went walking, hung out at the beach and in and around the house. Its the best place in the world...truly.  However it rained A LOT! at one point I took it personally because wherever we went away from home it was glorious sunshine and the moment we got near the house it rained. Once there was even a single rain cloud over the house! 

however,  I would consider living there forever if it wasn't for the lack of phone signal.

below is a pictorial of what we did








While I was away I thought about what I actually do for a living and what I want to do for a living.
. I work part time at Heathrow airport and part time running this business. I work hard at each job but still feel like I am in Limbo all the time. I'm desperate to do something, get a career and have some stability. I have decided to put it right. Im going to focus more on the business. I would love to own a shop/caravan/on-line store selling other people stuff as well as my own. I want to move away from t-shirts and move into home-wares, making clothes, cards, drawing on ceramics and furniture. I also go into the 'great British Bake off' while i was away which has inspired me to make cakes and quiches and stuff I'd never dreamt of making before. Apparently my Grandmother was a brilliant cook and so is my mum (and dad) but I think I lack the patience. So I've decided to change it and try and make, from scratch, every meal. 

I started with a Mushroom quiche....without a soggy bottom, and mushroom soup. yummy yummy said all!

So, to summarise... my artistic teashop is totally on the cards. Think Charleston House


                                                              meets a greasy spoon
 

or an American diner


One day.....one day!

I'm so sorry about the lack of references for the photos!

Post a Comment