Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

3 Apr 2011

Natural History Museum Photos- an ode to my mother


























































I just LOVE LOVE LOVE exhibition road. The Science museum, The V&A AND the natural history museum!

Here is a 'selection' of photos I took to inspire me in another project I had going on. I love the smallest little mole about half way through, and the dodo's that dont even exist! they don't exist...shocking!

oh and the close up on the wings are evidence that birds started to grow claws and fingers and thumbs. its bloody amazing stuff.

most amazing of all is that I have traipsed around  SO MANY TIMES -as a child my mother used to cart my siblings and myself up to London by train with backpacks full of food and go to pretty much every museum in London- (and the museums haven't changed a bit by the way) I actually managed to look at everything I needed in under 1  1/2 hours!!! 

mother loves and all that

Post a Comment