Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

12 Mar 2011

Stella Vine

is fucking amazing!

I love her paintings. The colour, subject matter & naive drawing..http://www.stellavine.com/


....its just brilliant and reminds me of American Folk Art. I have blogged about American folk in the past, but when I moved my blog the images never came with it!

anyway, Stella vines paintings remind me of Rev. Howard Finster ...

Howard Finster was an artist from Summerville, Georgiahe built a  garden park museum in Trion, Georgia in the late 1940s. It featured an exhibit on the inventions of mankind in which Finster planned to display one of everything that had ever been invented, models of houses and churches, a pigeon flock and a duck pond until he ran out of room and them moved to the Plant Farm Museum to show 'Gods wonderful creations'




Post a Comment