Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

5 Jul 2010

MAJOR NEWS ON THE EMILYTHEPEMILY FRONT

Loads of things have changed in the Boyd household lately. My husband finished his degree from university and walked straight into a new, fantastic job. He has less than 5 years of ladder climbing until he reaches his dream job. I'm so proud. I don't even have a 1 year plan let alone a 5 year one!

Now that he is on a new career path and finally earning some full time money (we met when I was a poor student and 3 months later he became  a poor student) I can follow my dream of doing this whole 'emilythepemily' thing properly. Turning it from a hobby into a career.

We have our finances in order, we are looking to move somewhere calmer like Brighton or somewhere commutable to London ( London Living makes me worry about time and money and success and things that don't matter.)  We are putting things in place for me to become a part time airport worker and then.... hey presto! I can create again.

in the meantime.

have some photos from the WE MAKE SUMMER FAIR that took place on the 26th June 2010. It was so refreshing to see so much high quality, gorgeous stuff. We are revolutionising the world of CRAFT!

my picks where

NADIA SPARHAM
-She does the most fantastic ceramics. She has her own kiln at home which I'm totally jealous of! (oh, and the most gorgeous baby EVER) I first met Nadia at the Stour Space Designers Market in Hackney Wick and after a quick chat, we realised we studied at the same university and studied the same Surface Design course too.

HETTY AND DAVE
-She makes the BEST jewellery EVER! And has wicked taste in inspiration.

HEART ZEENA
-She prints wonderful cushions and bags and lavender bags and everything really.

HOPE AND EDEN
-another lovely university friend who prints the loveliest textiles, badges ,decorated ceramics and badges. This was our first ever WE MAKE and our first catch up since we left uni- so It was so great to see all of creations on display and gorgeous new items that I'd never seen before. Watch this space for Hope and Eden I feel this is only the beginning!

There were so many more people that had amazing things to sell but I simply don't have time to mention them all. One day I will have time though! yippie!

Here's a quick link to all the others
Post a Comment