Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

6 Feb 2010

ALEXANDER McQUEEN

If you remember my post way back in May last year

well I saw Mr McQueen at terminal 5 (where I work)

He came through the metal detector i was on.

'I did an internship with your company in may' I said

He just looked at me.

' I worked on the menswear bit' I said, hoping for some sort of acknowledgement.

'oh....right' he said... walking off

what a snobby knob! If i was him I'd acknowledge his intern ...maybe ask a question or even say 'thank you' or something. What a KNOB...

advice for anyone about to do an internship for Alexander Mcqueen.... DON'T DO IT





The above is his AW09/10 collection....the stupid A5 finger painting I was asked to create...and the first drawing I was ever asked to draw at Mcqueens. Ripping off someone elses work... If the guy who drew the 'duck tattoo' is out there... yes this does look like yours... yes
I did have to copy it, but change it into an eagle.


My therapy soon after my intern was doodling these drawings below in my sketchbook. The skull one is a skulls head made from drawings of rips which made its eyes and the mouth. drawn 23/05/09




take a look at his website for more unimaginative- ripped off rubbish that has no thought or concept to...

'this season we are going to rip off creative people.... Andy Warhol, Picasso, Cy Twombly...were going to rip off their artistic style and the way they dress'

and just think about the poor interns who worked day and night with no creative input into what they were working on...just unpaid monkeys.

the average price for one of these shirts £300
the average intern spends 3months at McQueens working 13hours a day.

remember that when you buy designer.
Post a Comment