Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

23 Apr 2009

INSPIRATION STATION-INK

Ive wanted to do ink drawing for ages now, i think getting out of pen and pencil line drawings is good for me.. and while putting together my portfolio for Alexander Mcqueen I was looking at my paint testers for my fabric screen printing and found they had a certain quality to them that I haven't seen in my work for a while. so i scanned them into my computer and experimented with them, putting them behind images I had already done to add colour to them... and i also made some patterns with the swatches too. here are the results.... i think they would make good digital wallpapers???








anyway here's my sketchbook experiments.... something to work on I think...








































and here some wonderful ink work from some of my favorite illustrators....

Chris Silas Neal

Chris Silas Neal



Camilla Engman



Cafe Royal


Cafe Royal




Michael gillette



Elsa Winkander


Elisabeth Moch



Craig Atkinson



Tina Berning




Jay Cover
from Nous vous



Jay Cover from Nous vous


You She He


You She He
Post a Comment