Emilythepemily is AN INDEPENDENT BRITISH ILLUSTRATION LABEL SELLING HAND PRINTED T-SHIRTS AND ACCESSORIES INSPIRED BY ROCK N ROLL, TATTOO AND TEA. This is a Blog by Illustrator Emily Boyd

23 Apr 2009

IDEAS FOR NEW TSHIRT/ MUG DESIGNS

Whilst at work I have been thinking of ideas for a business (to escape the corporate world and work for myself). It is my dream and ambition that by the end of this year I will have a stall on the SUNDAY UPMARKET in Brick Lane and sell t-shirts and mugs with my designs on it.

I thought about stripes and how the 'larger-end' of the female demographic I want to connect with i.e me... would benefit from a simple, long t-shirt that hides the flab and has a flattering vertical stripe. Oh and i LOVE shoulder pads. I actually think I'm the only person in the world that thinks they are flattering to the figure ...well my figure at least.
















I have also gone incorporated the Mehendi/folk art theme into the designs









Again, I'm going to try and incorporate look at traditional tattoos. I bought this book and was completely inspired by the colour. I've never been that good at colour and i want to become better at it.

Tattoo Soup


















Post a Comment